TASK 2: Complete TOPIC 3: Area
Length, Perimeter, Area Mathletics Workbooks
- In Japan, farmers have developed watermelons that are shaped like cubes and therefore fit better in refrigerators. What is the volume of a cubic watermelon whose edge length is 15 centimetres?
- How many of the watermelons could you fit in a fridge that has a volume of 10 000 centimetres cubed?
- The farmer had to build a fence for his paddock. The paddock had a width of twenty metres and a length of ten metres. How many metres of fence does the farmer need in total?
- Mrs Dodd is building a dog house for her puppies. The dog house needs to have an area of eight squared metres. What are some of the possible lengths and widths that the house can to be?
- Mrs Roberts is marking out the faction bays for the faction carnival. Each bay needs to have an area of twenty squared metres. What is the dimensions of each bay?